Like its predecessor, theH1n Handy RecorderfromZoomis an easy-to-use, versatile stereo digital audio recorder that fits into the palm of your hand. However, in this iteration, Zoom has incorporated several features to make operation even simpler.
Whereas the Zoom H1 featured a single record button on the front of the recorder, and a whole array of buttons along the side designed for play/pause, rewind/fast forward, and diving into menus, the H1n features buttons where you can easily see them—on the front of the recorder—so you can easily go from recording to pausing, and from stopping to navigating between tracks, all with your thumb. Also provided are four buttons above the record function that let you change the sample rate and resolution, apply a low-cut filter for mitigating rumble, turn the built-in limiter on and off, and enact auto-level, which automatically sets the gain for you.
The H1n is geared for musicians, journalists, podcasters, and more, recording WAV and MP3 files to meet your professional needs. The H1n has a stereo X/Y microphone configuration that captures a realistic stereo image. The unit records audio to microSD or microSDHC flash memory cards, supporting capacities up to 32GB. The H1n records WAV audio at rates up to 24-bit / 96 kHz, and MP3 audio at rates up to 320 kbps. The pocket-sized device runs on two AAA batteries, providing up to 10 hours of continuous operation.
A 3.5mm mic/line input lets you connect an external microphone or music player, while a 3.5mm headphone/line output lets you connect your favorite headphones or small external speakers. A high-speed USB 2.0 port allows you to easily transfer data to your Mac or Windows computer. The unit also functions as an audio interface, allowing you to record directly from the Zoom H1n to your favorite DAW.
- X/Y Stereo Mic
- New Layout of Integral Controls
- Record WAVs & MP3s up to 24-Bit / 96 kHz
- Records to microSD/SDHC
- 3.5mm I/O
- Built-In Limiter and Low-Cut Filter
- High-Speed USB 2.0 Connectivity
- Works as a USB Audio Interface
- Uses 2 AAA Batteries
- Recording Media: microSD/SDHC (class 4 or higher, up to 32 GB)
- Recording Format: WAV: 48 to 96 kHz / 16- or 24-bit / MP3: 48 to 320 kbps
- Display: Monochrome LCD (96x64) with REC LED (red), 1.3" / 3.2 cm
- Mic/Line In: 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Outputs: 3.5 mm combined line/headphone stereo jack
- USB: Micro-USB, USB 2.0 high-speed
- Power: 2 x AAA batteries (alkaline, NiMH, or lithium)
- Recording Time: About 10 hours (alkaline batteries, built-in mic at 44.1 kHz / 16-bit)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 5.0 x 13.8 x 3.2cm
- Weight: 60.0 g
- Package Weight: 0.23kg
- Package Dimensions: 21.8 x 10.9 x 4.3cm