TASCAM's DR-60DmkII, an update of the award winning DR-60D, is the audio recording solution for on-set filmmakers and videographers.
Capable of recording 4 channels of audio simultaneously in up to 24-bit/96 kHz WAV/BWF files, the DR-60DmkII boasts Tascam's High Definition Discrete Architecture (HDDA) preamps and a Cirrus Logic analog to digital converter chip for accurate and pristine audio capture. It features 2 combination XLR/TRS microphone/line level inputs with selectable phantom power, and a stereo 1/8" microphone input, capable of handling high-output microphones and supplying plug-in power.
A built-in digital mixer gives you control over panning and level for each track, and allows you to insert a limiter or high-pass filter in addition to setting individual channel delay for distance adjustment. The DR-60DmkII gives you multiple output options as well. The dedicated camera out features adjustable level control to cater to DSLRs that lack input level control. The 1/8" line output can be used to feed a mixer or secondary recorder, while your monitoring is handled by a dedicated 1/8" headphone jack.
The device records to SD and SDHC cards and is powered by 4 AA batteries or an optional battery pack or AC adapter. The DR-60DmkII can be placed between a DSLR Camera and a tripod, or mounted to a cage or follow-focus rig. A tripod socket is on the bottom of the unit, and a (removable) tripod bracket is mounted on the top.
The DR-60DmkII can record up to 4-tracks simultaneously, allowing multiple microphones to be used while filming. Inputs 1/L and 2/R can be selected for mono or stereo link operation.
3 sets of stereo outputs are provided. A Camera Out sends a reference track recording to the camera. The Line Out can feed a mixer or recorder. Finally, a Headphone Out is available for direct monitoring. Each of these outputs has its own level control, and the Camera Out can be attenuated to microphone level without the need for an attenuating cable
The DR-60DmkII has an internal digital mixer for all 4 tracks. Adjust pan and level, add a limiter or hi-pass filter (40/80/120 Hz), and set individual channel delay from the user set-up. The DR-60DmkII is ready to use right out of the box with its external, non-menu-intensive controls
It has multiple record modes for different on-set challenges
- Mono/Dual Mono Mode: For single source microphones, like using a shotgun together with a clip-on lavaliere mic.
- Stereo/Dual Stereo Mode: These modes are designed for shooting with a stereo or mid-side microphone. A Mid-Side Decoder is built in, and can be added either during monitoring or before recording
- 4CH Mode: This mode records all four microphone inputs to their own tracks.
- Dual Mono And Dual Stereo Mode: Records a back-up safety track in case levels are set too high and clipping occurs. The safety track can be set to record from -6dB to -12dB below the initial take. If an actor suddenly screams a line, you have a backup recording that isn't distorted.
- Recording media: SD card(64MB to 2GB), SDHC card(4GB to 32GB)
- Recording format: WAV/BWF - 44.1/48/96kHz , 16/24bit
- Number of channels: 4-Channel (stereo x2)
- Dimensions: 133(W)×93.2(H)×78(D)mm (with the top adapter attached)
- Weight: 510g (Not including batteries)
Power: Four AA batteries(Alkaline or NI-MH),
USB bus power,
Dedicated AC adapter(TASCAM PS-P515U, sold separately),
Dedicated external battery pack(TASCAM BP-6AA, sold separately)
- 128x64 pixel LCD with backlight
- Quick button feature for easy access to various functions