Rumours have been flying around, for a new Panasonic Lumix G camera, to possibly rival the very successful Olympus PEN E-P3. Panasonic GF3 has taken the 'mini mirrorless' section whilst the G3 and GH2 has yet to compete successfully with the Olympus PEN E-P3. Here comes the Panasonic GX1? A new series, with a very good grip, while looking very much like a Panasonic GF2 and the very first GF1 (in terms of size) could be a serious content to the EP3. The Panasonic GF2 was only launched early this year, and the GX1 looks very similar to it, with a souped up Venus engine and 0.09 second AF!
The official announcement would be on 8th November, here're the specifications to wet your appetite before the full release!
- 16 megapixel sensor (should be the same of the Panasonic G3).
- New Venus engine
- camera has a grip and our sources told us it is a bit tinier than the Panasonic GF1
- ultra fast 0,09 second AF with X lenses.
- built-in flash
- new 1.44k dot external viewfinder.
- Silver and Black body
- 460k and 3 inch LCD screen